WD Marvel Repair Tool

Утилита для восстановления HDD WD Marvel

Текущее время: 14 дек 2017, 16:52

• Часовой пояс: UTC

Начать новую тему  Ответить на тему  [ 69 сообщений ]  На страницу Пред. 13 4 5 6 7 След.
    Автор Сообщение
     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Ran WDMarvel and now getting no model and LBA 0 etc
    СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 11:41 
    Разработчик

Severence писал(а):
    I'll post a screencap of my WDMarvel directory and upload the Rom file/s aswell as the Rom dumped with sediv

I do not need a files or screencap
    You can not know now, produced your files by "Read ROM" button, or by "Create ROM from SA copies" button
    I want to see, that button "Read ROM" dumps empty FW

Severence писал(а):
    my suggestions may not seem constructive

Your suggestions grounds on the assumption, that ROM dump can be invalid
    My point of view - ROM dump can not be invalid
    Till we not have drive, where button "Read ROM" dumps empty FW, your suggestions is fighting with windmills

Severence писал(а):
    if the drive is new (not in set directory) it should be put in a folder relative to the drives model

Only one questions
    When program should to do this?

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 12:18 

Vlad, the files are in the PZU directory, they were not created from SA - i went no where near SA functions at this stage of using the program - the files were never in the SA folder - they're in the same root PZU directory they've always been in, as i did as Spildit suggested and immeditely backed up my WDMarvel directory in an archive when problems started to occur.

As i've said earlier the drive is no longer responding to commands since writing the invalid rom "like it's not even connected" and that includes trying to read the rom now - the only way i can get it to respond is by enabling the hardware "modes" mentioned earlier, and even then - in these modes a rom dump results in a file which is 16mb in size.... which is useless, unless you have any idea why this is the case?

Vlad писал(а):
    You can not know now, produced your files by "Read ROM" button, or by "Create ROM from SA copies" button
    I want to see, that button "Read ROM" dumps empty FW

Sorry, my mistake i meant "read flash button" like i said above the drive will no longer respond to commands since writing the invalid rom.... Also i should note these invalid dumps are not completely empty, just the data relevent to the modules 0A, 0B etc... (attached)

Vlad писал(а):
    Your suggestions grounds on the assumption, that ROM dump can be invalid
    My point of view - ROM dump can not be invalid
    Till we not have drive, where button "Read ROM" dumps empty FW, your suggestions is fighting with windmills

Well other than the rom dumps missing the previously mentioned information, there has been other ocassions of invalid rom dumps, for example the obvious one - a 0kb file - again obvious, and another which i beleive was 355kb - these just seemed to be completely random and minor hiccups and these files were uncommon but they were dumped and again are invalid.... surely you are familiar with this? as i've seen several posts of people mentioning this - aswell as posts with people mentioning rom mismatches for 192kb/256kb files

Vlad писал(а):
    Only one questions
    When program should to do this?

well i think you should make this feature optional (checkbox) but enabled by default - if/when enabled it should dump relevent files for all new drives (drives not defined in the set directory) when in PIO mode, if the drives model/name changes it should again dump all relevent info to the drives relevent folder. maybe provide a second optional checkbox for incremental auto backups or just have a set auto backup should the day change etc etc

Вложения:
    Комментарий к файлу: Invalid Flash
    Flash 2016-12-28 03-10-29.rar [16.4 КБ]
    32 скачивания
    СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 13:19 
    Разработчик

Severence писал(а):
    Vlad, the files are in the PZU directory

Button on screen shot also save files in PZU folder, but this is not dump
    And a little question, if you sure that "read flash button" dump invalid ROM, what a problem to show this via teamviewer?
    Do you have copy of SA modules of this drive?

Severence писал(а):
    if the drives model/name changes it should again dump all relevent info to the drives relevent folder

How often program should read drive passport, to check that model changed?
    What to do with commands launched by user and executed in this moment? :)
    Why do I need to save resources every time when I edited the model in passport? :)
    What to do, if I change model/serial of drive 1 to the model/serial of drive 2, but in the drive 2 folder already saved unical backup of FW?

Вложения:
    rom.png
    rom.png [ 12.07 КБ | 503 просмотра ]
    СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 14:23 

Vlad, I'm not talking about the independent ROM modules but rather the data which is comparable and as far as i know which should be present in the main roms flash file. (raw data)

Here's how i originally got the (previously attached) rom file - i opened WDMarvel demo software, i hit button "read flash" i get the "ROM read successfully" in log - the resulting was 192kb in size and on first glance appears to be ok

But when checking this (previously attached) file in a hex editor it's missing data - as can bee seen in the attached image for example, although there is further differences when comparing the two.

Цитата:
    How often program should read drive passport, to check that model changed?
    What to do with commands launched by user and executed in this moment? :)
    Why do I need to save resources every time when I edited the model in passport? :)
    What to do, if I change model/serial of drive 1 to the model/serial of drive 2, but in the drive 2 folder already saved unical backup of FW?

When you hit detect - if the drive doesn't have a folder in the main directory based on the detection info...create folder, backup and dump relevant files. or like i said you could provide an option for interval based auto backup which could do polling -

honestly my main point here is having that safety net at least at first run - select drives port, hit detect "please wait, auto backup is in process" again - provide a checkbox to disable this feature in the future - done

The user won't be able to execute critical commands while the backup/dump is in progress - hence the reason for this being optional and having a checkbox - so the pros don't get annoyed :D

And it doesn't matter if the drives model is changed, if you hit detect and a new model is defined - new folder is created. if you mean both have the same model etc then it doesn't matter as your not overwriting files at this point - you'd just create a new dated/timed folder - I'd suggest looking at the Sediv trial if you want to see how i would recommend you do it - as that seems to work very well

Вложения:
    Комментарий к файлу: Sediv Flash dump
    Sediv Flash.rar [173.93 КБ]
    28 скачиваний
    Комментарий к файлу: Rom comparison
    -WDMarvel-Rom compared -to Sediv-Rom-.jpg
    -WDMarvel-Rom compared -to Sediv-Rom-.jpg [ 237.45 КБ | 502 просмотра ]
    СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 14:32 
    Разработчик

We just wasting time
    Show me the drive, where "read flash" button dumps invalid rom
    Yes - I will fix this or make some other thing to protect users from this
    Can not find such drive, nothing to fix

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 14:50 

Цитата:
    Yes - I will fix this or make some other thing to protect users from this

Thats great to hear, thank you!!! :)

Цитата:
    Show me the drive, where "read flash" button dumps invalid rom

Agree, but what specifically can you do?, like i've said over and over the drive is not accessible with WDmarvel or any other software tool with the drive in it's current state. it just shows bsy and doesn't respond to reset commands, detection

I can make it accessible in software for you by putting it in one of the previously mentioned hardware "modes" but i don't know what good it'll do - best i've got is rom read = 16mb invalid file

but yeah, take a look at my hardware defined "modes" previously mentioned and let me know which "mode" i should put it in and your welcome to take a look, although you won't be able to re-produce my previously mentioned results with the drive in it's current condition - as that was before i wrote the invalid rom file and the drive flatlined ;)

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 15:05 
    Разработчик

If WDMarvel really create invalid dumps, you can show this on any another WD drive, this not a problem at all :)
    I am programmer and can not help you with resistors
    Shows bsy???
    Drives with damaged ROM that I seen, does not set any flags
    Do the drive start spindle motor when you power on it?
    If you can make drive accessible in software, why you do not write good ROM image from another drive?
    Do you need data from the drive?

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 15:22 

The valid rom i'm using is the one created with sediv and is from the same drive (i'm only working with one WD drive here) hence my confusion over the differences in the rom dumped by WDmarvel compared to the one dumped with sediv - i'll reiterate as i think this is important same drive :D

yes it just shows bsy. When i select an unused port in WDmarvel it also shows BSY

The drive does not sound like it's spinning up nor in any of the "modes" previously mentioned.

When i say accessible, i mean WDMarvel can see it and the drive responds to reset commands etc

Btw in my "semi detect mode" i just tried "Ram operations" "edit config in Ram" (to try and upload mod 02 based on your previous suggestion) but the log fills with EF FF EF FF over and over - then the program locks up and i can't do any more - any ideas what happening here? anyway to disable to the log?

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 15:28 
    Разработчик

Of course, rom dump and empty copy of rom differs :)
    How exactly drive respond on reset?
    Copy/paste here log with EF FF EF FF, I do not understand about what do you say

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 мар 2017, 15:54 

Vlad писал(а):
    Of course, rom dump and empty copy of rom differs :)
    How exactly drive respond on reset?

Well i have to put it in one of my afformentioned modes (by default it's just BSY) with rersistors set in "my semi detect mode" AMNF, TMNF display in red. evry 10 seconds or so RDY, DWF, DSC, DRQ, COR, INX, ERR will light up (with ERR and DWF in red), when doing a soft reset BSY briefly lights up then dissappears, when hitting detect i get this in log

4/03/2017 15:42:55: The drive ???????????????????? Disk size -1152939097061330945 - -9007336Gb
    14/03/2017 15:43:07: Security - Drive is password protected

My drive is not password protected btw.

Vlad писал(а):
    Copy/paste here log with EF FF EF FF, I do not understand about what do you say

Log attached as bit to big to paste - it would have carried on but i killed the programs process

Вложения:
    Log.rar [11.45 КБ]
    30 скачиваний
    Начать новую тему  Ответить на тему  [ 69 сообщений ]  На страницу Пред. 13 4 5 6 7 След.

• Часовой пояс: UTC