WD Marvel Repair Tool

Утилита для восстановления HDD WD Marvel

Текущее время: 17 ноя 2018, 02:15

• Часовой пояс: UTC

Начать новую тему  Ответить на тему  [ 764 сообщения ]  На страницу Пред. 160 61 62 63 6477 След.
    Автор Сообщение
     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Write BIOS from drive's system area to replacement PCB?
    СообщениеДобавлено: 17 янв 2016, 21:10 

Go to BIOS and set SATA port to IDE COMPATIBLE mode.
    On WDMarvel use MASTER and not Slave. Using IDE COMPATBLE mode on SATA drives you should ALLWAYS set them as MASTER.
    Try with another system/motherboard if you can't detect your drive. You can as well try with a known good drive first and make sure WDMarvel it's picking it up correctly.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Write BIOS from drive's system area to replacement PCB?
    СообщениеДобавлено: 17 янв 2016, 22:31 

Well, I shut the machine down and unplugged the other drive from the 3 Gb SATA controller so the problematic drive is the only one connected to it. I entered the BIOS to change the setting from AHCI to IDE compatible, but unfortunately the two controllers cannot be selected independently there, they must be both placed in the same mode.

As I kind of expected, If I change from AHCI to IDE, the machine will not boot unfortunately...

Can this not be done with the controllers set in AHCI mode, or do I need to look around for a system that's running in IDE mode to run WDMarvel on?

Ian

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 янв 2016, 06:50 
    Разработчик

You can simple select AHCI mode in WDMarvel...

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 янв 2016, 03:21 

Hi Vlad & Spildit (if you're still around),

I had the opportunity to try this again with Beta 8 in AHCI mode as Vlad suggested, and seem to have had much better luck with it. If I select the drive and detect it, some parameters of the drive are found, as shown below. The size is still reported as 0.0 GB:

Изображение

If I then choose ROM -> Modules in ROM, some modules are detected:

Изображение

If I then choose "Create ROM Images From Copies in SA", I see a very brief progress bar, but some files are created in the default\PZU folder where I am running the demo from:

Изображение

Does this mean I have successfully read the ROM from the drive's SA and can now use this to flash the donor PCB? If so, can you tell me how to do this step? Do I need to license the program for this?

I greatly appreciate the help you've been giving me. Thanks so much,

Ian

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 янв 2016, 06:14 
    Разработчик

Go to work with modules
    Try to read all 0x01** modules
    If success, send it to me
    and generated flash.bin too

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Error installing the demo
    СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2016, 00:23 

hello
    it is possible to run this soft on window 10 ?

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2016, 03:01 

Hi Vlad,

Thanks very much for your response. I'm sorry to be so dumb, but I'm afraid I'm just not sure exactly what you're looking for here? I downloaded the beta 9 today and ran it, then went to SA Operations, then Module operations and clicked the 'Find modules $01-$FF' button shown here and got the pictured result. Looks like it found 0?

Изображение

Sorry again, but I hope that's what you were looking for? There are so many menu commands in the program that it's difficult to guess if I'm in the right place or not; a menu sequence to follow would really help... :D

I would like also to send you the flash.bin file, but I cannot attach it to this post or a PM, and your email address is not available in your profile. How can I get it to you? I also got the .mod files from the S\A if those are any help?

Thanks again for helping!

Ian

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2016, 06:13 
    Разработчик

yes, ask google how to disable driver signature enforcement

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2016, 06:16 
    Разработчик

what error do you get, when press
    SA
    Work with modules?

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 янв 2016, 09:10 

thanks for info
    Wdmarvel will work with MRT pro card ? see ports ?

Начать новую тему  Ответить на тему  [ 764 сообщения ]  На страницу Пред. 160 61 62 63 6477 След.

• Часовой пояс: UTC